I want to know what you think!
Before we head out to those weekend parties and partake in too much dip, too many wings, or too many cocktails it’s good to remember that we can be fit and healthy!! Jessica Biel is a star that is lusted after that I have always thought was beautiful because she is fit but looks strong and healthy to me. Hats off to this week’s thinspiration!
Pretty crafty and creative if you ask me! It wouldn’t be the healthiest snack you could choose BUT you would have the most original dish at the party!
Guacamole field; cheese dip and salsa end zones; Slim Jim goal posts; sour cream yard markers; Ruffles, tortilla chips, Cheetos and Doritos for fans; vienna sausages with cheese helmets for players; rice crispy treat stadium; hot dogs with bacon separating the fans from the field.
How about desserts?!! I love them just as much as other food and they can be all dressed up or just slopped together but they still look tasty! I hope you’re making \a better choice than this today!! What are you choosing as a dessert today?
20 scoops of ice cream, four bananas, one fudge brownie, three chocolate chip cookies, four ladles of hot fudge, 18 scoops of toppings and loads of whipped cream. (Submitted by M.Kreiner) http://www.thisiswhyyourefat.com
I LOVE bar food it’s a huge weakness for me so I try to find ways of making bar food at home but in a healthier way!! Nachos are a classic bar food that can be good for you and a well balanced meal. The more veggies the better : )
What you need:
- Enough chips for two people, 2-3 big handfuls
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cooked yellow sweet corn
- 3/4 cup 2% sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup jarred jalapeno peppers, diced (optional)
- Tobasco sauce, to taste (optional)
- guacamole and reduced-fat sour cream, for serving
How to do it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Spread the chips in a single layer on the foil. Distribute the black beans and corn evenly over the chips. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top of the chips, beans, and corn. Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and the chips are warm. (Do not use fat free cheese – it doesn’t melt well!)
- Remove the nachos from the oven and place onto serving plates. Sprinkle the tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, green onions, jalapeno peppers (if using) on top. Splash on the hot sauce (if using).
- Serve with fresh guacamole and reduced-fat sour cream on the side. Enjoy!
- From http://healthytastycheap.wordpress.com
I admit my biggest downfall in getting fit is my eating! I love to eat!! I eat all kinds of food and usually the worse it is for you the better it sounds to me (chili cheese frito burrito anyone?) Well, one of my friends was showing me pics from http://www.thisiswhyyourefat.com and while many of the concoctions look terrible to me, some of them actually look amazing! BBQ gets me every time : ) This is a BBQ donut!
A deviled egg, that is wrapped in a beef and pork ground meat mixture, and put on the BBQ (smoker) until done.
(Submitted by Matthew)
I am just about finished with a modified week 2 of P90X. This is the 3RD time I’ve started P90X and have yet to make it past week 3 so I’m hoping for the best!! I am NOT on the nutrition plan yet but have been doing above average with my eating. I am looking forward to the week when I can say “yes, I did every rep!!”
I have seen some small changes but what I enjoy most is the way I feel! I feel stronger after I do my workouts and I LOVE that feeling!