I love chili! You can make it so many different ways and it’s delicious and can be great for you packing in protein and veggies all at once!
Turkey Beer Quinoa Chili!
Minutes to Prepare: 25
Minutes to Cook: 360
Number of Servings: 16
Red Ripe Tomatoes, 4 cup, chopped or sliced
Pepper, red or cayenne, 4 tbsp
Paprika, 2 tbsp
Oregano, ground, 4 tbsp
Spinach, frozen, 1 package (10 oz)
Ancient Harvest Traditional Whole Grain Quinoa,.25 cup dry,
Beer, Samuel Adams, Holiday Porter, 12 oz
Yellow Sweet Corn, Canned, 2 cup
Garlic, 3 cloves
Turkey, Ground turkey, 93% lean, 32 oz
Red Kidney Beans, 2 cans
Mushrooms, fresh, 4 cup, slices
Onions, raw, 3 cup, chopped
Jalapeno Peppers, 4 peppers sliced
Green Peppers (bell peppers), 1 cup, strips
Peppers, sweet, red, fresh, 1 cup, chopped
Add meat to the crockpot
1st then add all of the other ingredients so they blend into the meat. I cook it on high for 1 hour and then stir everything together. I leave it on high for one more hour and then set to low for 4 hours.
Nachos, loaded with veggies and beans using baked tortilla chips can be a great option for a Superbowl party snack! I add chopped onions, peppers, garlic, and tomatoes to this recipe when I make nachos at home and they’re awesome!
TWO-WAY Nachos from http://www.familycircle.com/recipes/healthy-eating/family-dinners/healthy-super-bowl-recipes/?page=5
- 6 ounces baked tortilla chips
- 2 8 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup jarred salsa
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
1/2 pound coarsely chopped cooked shrimp
- 1 8 ounce can drained crushed pineapple.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with tortilla chips. Scatter chicken and beans over the chips. Spoon salsa over the beans and top with cheese and scallions.
2. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
3. Replace chicken and beans with 1/2 pound coarsely chopped cooked shrimp and 1 can (8 ounces) drained crushed pineapple.