I use stars and their progress or what they strive for constantly as my inspiration but today, Hannah is my inspiration. She is a real girl who doesn’t have a trainer or a nutritionist working with her all of the time, just a DVD workout. Les Mills Pump is a workout that has been in gyms for years as Bodypump but has recently been released on DVD so that I can choose WHEN I’m doing the workout!
I love dips when snacking but it is hard to find a dip that is delicious AND not too bad for you! Add this to your Superbowl spread with veggies and pretzels : )
Combines soft tastes of lemon with sun-dried tomato and a hint of chili. Whether you’re enjoying game night with your family, or preparing for lunches for the week, this layered dip is a perfect healthful way to increase your daily fiber and protein. Best part: no one will even suspect it’s good for them!
Sun-dried tomato dip
* 1 clove garlic, chopped
* 1/2 onion, chopped
* 1 tbsp coconut oil
* 1/3 cup lemon juice
* 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
* 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in 1/2 cup water for 20 minutes
* 6-8 tbsp reserved sun dried tomato water
* 1/2 cup red kidney beans
* 1/2 tsp herbamare
* 1/4 tsp dried oregano
* pinch dried basil
Chili walnut dip
* 2 tbsp braggs liquid aminos
* 1 cup kidney beans
* 1/2 cup walnuts, raw
* 1/2 tsp chili pepper
* 2-4 tbsp water
+ 2 handfuls of spinach, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Spread pine nuts evenly across sheet and bake for 9-10 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before using.
- Melt coconut oil in small frying pan on medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion and saute until translucent. Drop into blender.
- Add sun-dried tomato ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. You may have to add an additional 2 tbsp of the sun-dried tomato water, depending on its thickness. I used 8 tbsp. Once mixture is smooth, set aside.
- To make the chili walnut dip, process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- In a glass bowl, layer half of the sun dried tomato dip, followed with all of the chili dip, then spinach, and lastly another layer of sun-dried tomato.
- Serve with chips, crackers, or veggies.